Chippendale Consulting, LLC
G. Michael Chippendale, Ph.D.
29 S. 9th Street, Suite 209, Columbia, Missouri 65201
Chippendale Consulting LLC provides expertise for planning, programming, and designing facilities for the life sciences, including research, education and development. Emphasis is placed on providing facilities that maximize interdisciplinary interactions and support the implementation of sustainable technologies for food, health, and the environment.
Chippendale Consulting works collaboratively with scientists, administrators, architects, and designers to
- Convert concepts into functional facilities that support interdisciplinary programs in life sciences research and education.
- Build consensus, assess group dynamics, plan strategically, and organize complex team projects in life sciences.
- Communicate effectively about issues related to life sciences, biotechnology, and biorenewables.
- Oversee the prudent use of financial resources.
STATEMENT IN SUPPORT OF MISSION
Ideas and innovation drive the knowledge-based 21st century economy, fueling rapid discoveries in science and technology. The great challenge is finding effective ways to transform breakthroughs in advanced fields such as genomics, proteomics, and information science, into products and services to benefit society. One essential challenge that must be met is the planning and designing of life sciences research and education facilities that maximize interdisciplinary interactions and provide the necessary infrastructure to create and transform scientific breakthroughs.
Research universities are at the center of the new interdisciplinary research efforts that lead to discoveries commercialized by the private sector. This commercialization occurs when there is a critical merger of the following ingredients: innovative discoveries, a skilled workforce, an entrepreneurial culture, up-to-date facilities, sustained funding, and a long-term commitment.
Chippendale Consulting offers expertise in planning and designing interdisciplinary research facilities that
- Provide flexible, modular space for life sciences research and education.
- Recognize the importance of design to promote interdisciplinary research.
- Promote all aspects of sustainability, including energy use.
|Last Updated: February 1st, 2013