Chippendale Consulting, LLC
G. Michael Chippendale, Ph.D.
29 S. 9th Street, Suite 209, Columbia, Missouri 65201
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Architects and Designers
Chippendale Consulting LLC works with architects and designers to
- Find potential facility contract opportunities in the life sciences.
Network with contacts to obtain early information about institutional
capital improvement plans that include the construction of academic
facilities in the life sciences.
- Conduct preliminary site visits to investigate potential new facility opportunities.
Investigate potential new facility opportunities to advance a firm’s efforts
to secure contracts for its architectural design services.
- Identify trends in life sciences research and education.
Investigate new research directions, new research methodologies,
and new research funding avenues that can advance a firm’s efforts
to secure contracts for the architectural design of new academic facilities.
- Assist in preparing responses to RFQs and RFPs.
Prepare profiles for a particular institution or provide a briefing
- Participate as a team member in interviews for architectural contracts.
Offer the perspective of a practicing scientist, academic administrator,
and academic building planner to help secure contracts.
- Participate during the execution of architectural contracts.
Work to maintain good communications between the architects and the
users/stakeholders during the programming and design phases of a project.
- Participate in post-occupancy reviews and assessments.
Work with designers and architects to evaluate newly opened facilities
to identify areas that can be improved in future architectural projects.
Chippendale Consulting provides assistance for planning both new and renovated science buildings that promote research and teaching. These buildings are designed to maximize life sciences collaboration. We address all issues that relate the construction and operation of high performance buildings to academic needs while staying within project budgets. Chippendale Consulting works with stakeholders and users to
- Develop business plans and preliminary cost estimates
- Consider sustainable design and building practices
- Meet space needs with a right-sized building
- Increase productivity of research space
- Develop effectively designed and zoned facilities, including
- Research and teaching laboratories, support space, and offices
- Core facilities and special use facilities
- Formal and informal meeting and interaction spaces
- Public and private spaces
- Pedestrian traffic patterns inside and outside the building
- Advise on special facility needs, including
- Radioisotope use and safety.
- Biocontainment (BSL3/4) and security
- Vivaria (rodents, insects, zebra fish)
- Plant growth facilities and greenhouses
- Core facilities
- Bioinformatics and biocomputing
- Provide advice on planning and managing essential building services, including
- Sterilizers, and glassware washers
- Purified water systems,
- Maintenance and service shops.
- Instrument and equipment siting and storage
- Information technology (wired, wireless, videoconferencing facilities) for general use and for bioinformatics and biocomputing.